Environmental product declarations
An environmental product declaration presents the environmental impact of a product over its entire life cycle. From the time the ore is mined to the time the sheet metal product is recycled after its lifetime.
EPD - Environmental product declaration
An Environmental Product Declaration (EPD) is an independently verified and registered document based on the Life Cycle Assessment (LCA). It communicates transparent and comparable information about the environmental impact of products, from raw material extraction through to manufacturing and end-of-life.
An EPD is a so-called type III environmental declaration that is compliant with the ISO 14025 and EN 15804 standards. The work of creating the EPD is ongoing.
Why do Lindab provide EPD?
- Enable sustainable product choices, which leads to a better climate, both indoors and outdoors.
- Earn point for Green building certification
- Help customers with Climate declarations of buildings
- Improve product sustainability performance by innovation, better design and materials
Lindab has so far published EPDs for the ventilation and building products listed below.
- Lindab SR- Circular spiral duct
- Lindab Safe- Circular ventilation duct
- Lindab Integra- Ceiling diffusers
- Lindab Carat- Passive radiant chilled beam
- DUCTWRAP- Glass mineral wool insulation